Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting ready for Chicago



One more print to finish. I started this Spirit piece a while back and just haven't had much time to work on it. With the Chicago Comic Convention mere weeks away there's no time like the present. Coming back to it after so long felt enough like starting over that I reworked a lot of the flats and felt like keeping it closer to a monochromatic color scheme with just a few spots of warm tones to give it some pop and depth. Thus the random femme fatale has changed from blonde to a red head. There's still a ways to go with this in terms of dropping in shading, highlights, and surface textures as well as tweaking some of the colors. My biggest concern though is keeping the skin tones natural, and with the blue shift I've added they may be a bit out of the acceptable range. Once they've gotten to where it all feels right I'll call in a second pair of eyes to confirm.

No comments: